This course offers an in depth study of drama and performance, both practical and theoretical. It is a very flexible course that can be tailored to pupils individual needs.
Pupils cover these areas of study:
• Acting Skills and Techniques
• Production, Preparation and Performance
• Individual Showcase
• Lighting, Sound, Costume and Set design
• The course is largely practical, teacher assessed and externally verified by EDEXCEL.
• There is one externally assessed practical and written Unit.
• Pupils will create performances and a portfolio of supporting evidence for assessment.
• On completion of the course pupils will be awarded a Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction*.