Kings’ School website is designed for use by the entire school community. It is an information and communications tool, being constantly updated and reviewed. A website manager has been appointed from the staff to take responsibility for the quality, accuracy and legality of the information on the site.
All Kings’ School Website content should be relevant to the subject area and is designed to inform, educate and stimulate. The structure for adding content is as follows:
Publisher – The Head Teacher will have publishing and administration rights
And should be legally responsible for everything on the website.
Editor in Chief – The Website Manager will also have administration and
Publishing rights with overall control of all design, content and the platform
itself. Reporting directly to SLT.
Sub Editors – Sub Editors only have Administration & Publishing rights within
their Microsite. Sub Editors oversee the publishing of all material onto
their Microsite. They will approve the use of Individual Accounts and
Folders and secure areas and appointment of journalists.
Links to other sites
All links must be approved by the Website Manager.
All pages created are published into a secure hidden workflow folder. Those staff with publishing rights to the live site can then check page content and test links for validity and suitability before submitting them for final approval by the Website Manager.
All linked sites must be relevant to the subject area and comply with Hampshire County Councils filtering policy.
Most areas of the Kings’ School Website will be freely accessible by anyone. There will be certain areas that will be accessed by authorised groups only via a username and password e.g. for administration purposes.
Any complaints about the website content can be sent directly to the website Manager via email@example.com or redirected through the Contact Us button on each page of the website. The Website Manager will then act promptly to rectify any problems. In circumstances where the Website Manager is unable to make a swift informed judgement then the item in question will be hidden on the site pending enquiries, consultation and decision.
- We will not accept responsibility for the content of any external links.
- Unless otherwise stated Kings’ School have copyright over all imagery and design used on www.kings-winchester.hants.sch.uk,
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Kings’ School will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to any other parties than is necessary to conduct services that you have requested.
- Kings’ School may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
– We have your consent to share the information;
– We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
– We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Kings’ School to provide a product or service to you.