CEIAG Pupil Entitlement Statement
Our ambition is to create a unique learning environment where young people thrive. Through our Careers, Employability and Enterprise programme, we offer an extensive range of activities which promote career opportunities and develop the key employability skills required to succeed in the workplace. This is supported by a framework of impartial careers advice and guidance. Our challenge is to produce a highly skilled and creative workforce which is flexible and sufficiently adaptable to move into forms of employment which have yet to emerge within our economy.
We will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Understand the full range of education, training and career opportunities available to you
- Have raised aspirations and confidence to be inspired about new opportunities
- Learn about careers and employability that will exist in an ever changing world of work (through the use of LMI (Labour Market Information))
- Choose options relevant to your own career plan
- Have meaningful encounters with a range of providers including colleges, training providers and employers, to choose the best pathway for your career
- Have up to two weeks’ experience with an employer in the workplace, that you choose
- Take part in real business, enterprise and employability challenges
- Start or join a real business and learn the skills needed to run a successful enterprise
- Get involved in social enterprise, community projects and volunteering opportunities
- Develop independent thinking skills and employability skills for your future
- Use the Careers Open Door Policy for impartial careers advice
- Receive one to one, personal, tailored and impartial careers guidance from our fully qualified and experienced Careers and Employability Adviser
The programme will be delivered by staff who are fully trained and have real business experience. They are committed to helping you to focus on your future aspirations by giving you the academic and employability skills needed to achieve your full potential and realise your future goals.